MAPA exists to serve and represent the Physician Assistant profession in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. We are committed to having a proactive influence on health care policy decision making, and to being an advocate that facilitates for the advancement of Massachusetts Physician Assistants at the state level. We are also committed to keeping our members apprised of evolving professional developments, and to providing quality educational and networking opportunities by sponsoring Continuing Medical Education (CME) and other events.
The Massachusetts Association of Physician Assistants (MAPA) is the only professional organization that represents PAs in Massachusetts.
MAPA works diligently to represent the professional interests of our members. By joining MAPA you become part of a unifying voice for all PAs practicing in the Commonwealth. Member benefits and services include:
- Representation to the AAPA House of Delegates: As a charter organization to the AAPA, we send Delegates to the AAPA House of Delegates. Members of the House of Delegates are responsible for setting policies that establish AAPA vision, missions, goals, values, priorities, philosophies, and principles.
- Legislative Representation in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: MAPA pays a lobbyist to represent PA professional interests at the state house. Pertinent updates can be found on the legislative page of our web site.
- Access to Continuing Medical Education: MAPA has traditionally offered two CME conferences per calendar year. The price for these events is reduced for members.
- Quarterly Newsletter: MAPA Visions keeps members updated on legislative and professional developments, apprised of new job postings, and connected to peers via human-interest elements.
- Enhanced Web Site: The MAPA web site, www.mass-pa.com, offers an on-line calendar and registration links for CME events, a quick link to regulating bodies and constituent organizations, job postings, and a forum for communication between PA community members.